Deploy WebSphere using DeployHub & Continuous Delivery
Deploying WebSphere components and configurations with DeployHub
Continuous Delivery can easily call DeployHub to support your IBM® WebSphere Application Server (WAS) continuous deployments with 'out of the box' plugins. DeployHub addresses both the tasks of continuously deploying WAS applications and controlling the steps related to installing and maintaining the WebSphere application servers themselves.
In addition you can use continuous delivery with DeployHub to include non-WAS based components, such as a database update as part of the release process. This is a step that WAS alone cannot do as the database is outside of the WAS Framework.
Benefits of DeployHub to the WebSphere User
- Deploy to WAS as part of a larger deployment of multiple components from you Continuous Delivery pipeline;
- Same deployment logic regardless of target environment complexity;
- Database roll forward/roll back;
- Calendar Functionality – Schedule automatic deployments and reserve environments for deployments;
- Domain model allows for separation of roles and responsibilities;
- SDLC Model;
- Approval gates between stages of the development life-cycle.
WebSphere Actions include:
- Deploys to a running instance of WAS;
- Supports stopping, uninstalling, installing and starting the WebSphere application as part of the deployment workflow;
- Support for deploying to Horizontal or Vertical Clusters;
- Support for node, cell, and server level deployments;
- Support for pre-compiling JSPs on WAS during deployment or disabling JSP reloading;
- Delay the starting of an application after deployment;
- Detection of existing deployed application;
- Support for z/OS.